Earlier this year, my sister Sunita asked me if I wanted to make our favourite childhood game ‘Shop’ a reality. I thought she was joking, and yet here we are almost ten months on, launching our childhood dream because of her drive and determination. It’s without a doubt an exciting adventure, but it’s also quite scary.
We owned an imaginary sweet shop from a very young age. We stocked every sweet in the world, the supply of which was unlimited and free. Our sweet shop was almost like a transformer, in a sense that it could do and be whatever we wanted it to. You can read our full story here – our sweet business flourished! Twenty years on, we have now officially launched the grown up version of our shop, Sweet Little Gifts.
The launch – now and then
Our business plan has evolved quite significantly since the start of our journey, the main differences being:
- Our customers are real – we do miss the teddy bears though;
- We have to budget and market our products. The free supply of sweet stock was never going to last forever;
- We don’t know where this new business adventure will take us!
Sweet Little Gifts gives us the chance to be creative and share our love of confectionary and pretty packaging with others. Most importantly, it’s a fun project for us to work on as a family. We hope you enjoy our gifts as much as we do, and feedback is always welcome.
A very special thank you
Our journey is just beginning, but we wouldn’t be able to launch our business today if it wasn’t for the help of family and friends. With that in mind, we would like to thank the following people and let them know that how grateful for everything they have done 🙂
- Matt – my future husband and one of our Directors has put a considerable amount of work into the technical side of the website whilst balancing this with his studies. He is the master of spreadsheets and an excellent photographer.
- Ayesha – our amazing mum and another one of our Directors, has helped co-ordinate photoshoots, sourced stock and shared products with customers to get honest reviews.
- Andy – Matt’s dad has been extremely generous and used his expertise to help us source labels for our packaging. He helped us to bring our brand to life.
- Mia – our fabulous designer who created our logo and icons. The social media icons are by far our favourite – they look exceptionally tasty!
Now that we are finally up and running, it will take a bit of time to understand how the business will progress (positively we hope!). We are looking to releasing the favour side of the business soon, so please feel free to follow us on social media and subscribe to our blog to keep up to date 🙂